Structural CAD Detailer
Phoenix Fabricators and Erectors, LLC
Position and Description
We are currently seeking an experienced Structural CAD Detailer in our Avon, IN facility. This is a full-time salaried position with competitive pay and benefits. As a Structural CAD Detailer with Phoenix, you will work with all departments in the company to create and develop accurate 2D and 3D fabrication and construction drawings as well as detailed BOMs for all styles of water storage tanks and their related appurtenances. This position will also include general QA/QC and spec compliance review. Some travel for training may be required.
- 5+ years of general and structural detailing experience, preferably with structural and steel and reinforced concrete.
- Experience in developing standards and bill of materials for inventory control.
- High proficiency with Autodesk AutoCAD and at least one of the following 3D drafting/modeling software: Inventor, SolidWorks, Advanced Steel, Revit, Creo, MicroStation.
- Experience translating 2D drawings into 3D environments and vice versa.
- Data linking and parametric drafting skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Understanding of engineering principles, shop fabrication, and field construction practices.
- Be able to read and comprehend multidisciplinary technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment, be very thorough and detail oriented, and be able to multi-task and shift focus regularly to meet company and client needs.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new and changing technologies.
- Effective analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate problems from various perspectives and recommend corrective actions.
- Previous experience with elevated storage tanks a plus.
- The qualifications above are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org